Japan & Green Mobility
An opportunity for Swiss Companies
The Japanese government first outlined the importance of the country shifting away from conventional internal combustion engines automobiles in a major way in the Next Generation Automobile Strategy published by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry in 2010. While the 2010 strategy mainly relied on the increased adoption of hybrid, plug-in hybrid, and hybrid vehicles, it was followed by the 2014 Strategic Roadmap for Hydrogen and Fuel Cells and the 2017 Basic Strategy for Hydrogen in which the government expressed its commitment to realizing a “hydrogen society.”
With Japan planning to make its power generation mix cleaner over the coming decade, and Japanese automakers like Toyota and Nissan generating a considerable portion of their revenues overseas where regulations are more stringent and targets around EVs and FCVs more aggressive, there are several opportunities in Japan regarding “green mobility” that are well-worth exploring.
Among others, those include opportunities related to:
- Technologies aimed at helping Japan achieve its FY 2030 targets related to next generation vehicles
- Solutions for using EVs and FCVs as power supply for homes and buildings during natural disasters as well as on a day-to-day basis
- Mobility solutions for the elderly
- Products and services for grid operation optimization related to the increasing usage of plug-in hybrid and electric vehicles
- Japan’s commitment to demonstrating the possibility of realizing a hydrogen society at the Tokyo Olympic and Paralympic Games
Download our full report on the Japanese Green Mobility Market, which outlines the macro-environment of the market for electric and fuel cell vehicles and the micro-environment by looking at the types of companies present in the ecosystem. It also presents the most important trends in the market as well as the factors that drive and constrain its growth.
An overview of the Green Mobility opportunities in Japan :
Document download request
Simply fill this form in order to download our market overview.